* Re: msmtp and gpg encryption issues
       [not found] <mailman.1958.1371600320.22516.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2013-08-01 11:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-01 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aric Gregson; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Aric Gregson <aorchid@mac.com> writes:

> I have no issues using msmtp to send my mail from multiple accounts with
> Gnus (Ma Gnus v0.8). The passwords to access imap accounts are stored in
> a gpg protected file that Gnus opens at the beginning of each session
> and then stores the password until I quit. I have recently wanted to do
> the same for sending via msmtp, but it will not work. I get as far as it
> asking for my gpg password and then it fails with error 78.
>
> I am using the setup from <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMSMTP>,

Message has support for using multiple SMTP servers now built-in.

See the manual section that describes X-Message-SMTP-Method.  For
instance:

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php

@ 2013-07-20 17:53 ` Bill Day
From: Bill Day @ 2013-07-20 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:00:38 PM UTC-4, Aric Gregson wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have no issues using msmtp to send my mail from multiple accounts with
>
> Gnus (Ma Gnus v0.8). The passwords to access imap accounts are stored in
>
> a gpg protected file that Gnus opens at the beginning of each session
>
> and then stores the password until I quit. I have recently wanted to do
>
> the same for sending via msmtp, but it will not work. I get as far as it
>
> asking for my gpg password and then it fails with error 78.
>

> I am using the setup from <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMSMTP>,
>
> created a separate file with just the password and encrypted it with
>
> gpg, I then use:
>

>      passwordeval gpg2 --quiet --batch --no-tty -d ~/.test.gpg
>

> which is when it fails. Has anyone else had success doing this?
>

> Thanks, Aric

+1 Same issue, same error.

* msmtp and gpg encryption issues
@ 2013-06-19  0:00 Aric Gregson