* Re: follow-up for usenet and email
       [not found] <86r83s8kgd.fsf@doze.rijnh.nl>
@ 2003-08-14 18:25 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <86he4kov09.fsf@doze.rijnh.nl>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-08-14 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen Küpper <usenet@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

> Just before I replied to a message here on gnu.Emacs.gnus which I
> cc'ed to a mailing list (bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net). I wanted to
> have all replies automatically go to bbdb-info, so I added a
> Followup-To since bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net is not a valid
> newsgroup name.
>
> What is the proper way of achieving this?

To have followups go to a non-existant newsgroup?  I don't think Gnus
has any way of doing that.  :-)

       [not found]     ` <iMeowbot-71DA98.16271814082003@news.verizon.net>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-08-14 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen Küpper <usenet@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

> Assuming you got my question right:) Anyway: What I wanted to achieve
> is that my message was posted to the newsgroup gnu.Emacs.gnus and the
> mailing list bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net *and* replies
> automagically being send only to bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net.

There's really no way of saying to newsreaders "if you want to follow
up to this message, send a mail to this address" in the headers...

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-08-14 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

iMeowbot <iMeowbot@mac.com> writes:

> A combination that should pretty much accomplish what you want:

>   Followup-to: poster

Heh.  Yes, that should actually work.  Kinda sneaky, though, since
people who attempt to send a personal reply will be sending a message
to the mailing list instead.

* Re: follow-up for usenet and email
@ 2003-08-14 20:43         ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-08-14 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:30:03 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

Lars> iMeowbot <iMeowbot-ee4meeAH724@public.gmane.org> writes:

>> Followup-to: poster

Thanks.

Lars> Kinda sneaky, though, since people who attempt to send a
Lars> personal reply will be sending a message to the mailing list
Lars> instead.

In that situation that would have accomplished what I wanted. Will
remember (hopefully), thanks again!

Greetings,
Jochen
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll