* Re: Difference between "g" and "R" in group buffer
       [not found] <8765yq9lez.fsf@nospam.eml.cc>
@ 2002-08-07  0:09 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-08-07  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mahesh Padmanabhan <news@nospam.eml.cc> writes:

> I am trying to understand the difference because with "g", the number
> of new articles does not update but immediately after that if I do an
> "R" (which restarts GNUS), I do get all the new articles since the
> last sync. As a result "g" is pretty much useless to me.

It sounds like a bug in Gnus to me -- `g' ought to update the number of
articles.  I don't really have any good suggestions, except that you
could try to upgrade to the development version of Gnus (Oort) to see if
the problem persists.

If it doesn't help then send a bug report.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-07  0:09 UTC | newest]