* Re: Turning off the courtesy copy message in Cc's
       [not found] <8739rg98hj.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
@ 2010-11-04 20:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <87mxpozubq.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
       [not found]   ` <m21v70555t.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-04 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I am thinking that maybe I could advice message-insert-courtesy-copy to
> do nothing if the newsgroup matches ^gmane. - does that sound like a
> reasonable way to go about it?

Yes, but you could also set up a posting style thing and set
`message-courtesy-message' to "" in the Gmane groups...

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-04 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Yes, but you could also set up a posting style thing and set
>> `message-courtesy-message' to "" in the Gmane groups...
>
> That would be... much easier.

But it doesn't quite work very well.  :-)

You can have

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((":gmane"
	 (eval (setq message-courtesy-message "")))))

but then this is set forever.  Hm...  there must be a way to fix this...

* Re: Turning off the courtesy copy message in Cc's
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-04 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> but then this is set forever.  Hm...  there must be a way to fix this...

With the latest version of Gnus (pushed just now), the following will
work:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((":gmane"
	 (eval (set (make-local-variable 'message-courtesy-message) "")))))

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-06 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Wouldn't it be possible for gnus to automatically detect that the group
> is actually a mailing list (by looking at 'to-address', 'to-list',
> 'gnus-mailing-list-groups' or whatever) and in that case gnus
> automatically does what you suggested for this for these groups ?

Excellent point.  I've disabled the courtesy message if there are any
List-Post or List-ID headers.