* Re: problem with gnus-summary-line-format
       [not found] ` <vafit6qvfzy.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-04-17 14:20   ` William Daffer
From: William Daffer @ 2002-04-17 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> William Daffer <whdaffer@wabcmail.com> writes:
>
>>   Here's the problem. Although I haven't tested it with this post
>>   (obviously) if the behavior in gnu.emacs.gnus is the same as the
>>   other groups where I've observed it, when I send this draft and look
>>   for it in the summary buffer for gnu.emacs.gnus it will *still* show
>>   the same summary line it had in nndrafts:drafts instead of showing
>>   the contents of the from field.
>
> That's what it should be: the "=>" part tells you its from you, and
> the rest tells you where the post is going.

  And it doesn't do this for other people because it's from me?

> I agree that it doesn't make so much sense for newsgroups, but for
> mails it's useful.  Also, the post could be to several groups, so
> the summary line might display a different group than you are
> currently in.

  Which is happening; several of the posts are crossposted with the
  group I normally read the last in the Newsgroups line, so the
  summary buffer line for my post lists a group different from the one
  I'm reading.

> Of course, you can set gnus-summary-line-format locally to a group
> (hit `G c' on the group name in the Group buffer, then see the Local
> Variables section near the bottom).  I think that would do what you
> want.

  Yeah, as is almost always the case when I post a question I either
  figure it out the moment I hit send or I come up with a work
  around.

  Hmmm... why not `G p'?

  In any case, thanks for the answer.

whd
--
MISERICORDE, n.  A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the
foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-17 14:20 UTC | newest]