* Split on recipients from "white" list
@ 2002-07-01 14:35 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2002-07-01 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

One effective way of cutting down on spam is to filter out all
messages that are not addressed to one of my personal e-mail
addresses, or to a list to which I subscribe.  So, I'd like to make a
"white" list of all of the legitimate addresses through which I
receive e-mail, and put anything that's not sent to one of those
addresses into a "probable spam" folder.

I realize this is not foolproof, since I will get some spam which *is*
addressed to me, and messages on which I'm bcc'ed will be filed as
spam.  Still, it's a pretty good first order approximation.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks,

-pd

--