* Incremental limiting in summary buffer
@ 2010-07-15 12:35 Pascal Desroche
From: Pascal Desroche @ 2010-07-15 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

One of the few interesting features of "classical end-user" MUA is to
quickly find article with incremental search.

AFAIK, today, Gnus offers "Limiting commands" in Summary buffer but
theses commands are neither incremental nor "undo-able": If I limit
articles that match an author (with "L a") and then realize that I was
looking for another author, I must exit the group, enter inside it
again, then do another "L a".

Am I missing a more efficient method to do this?

I don't know much elisp so maybe the idea is stupid, but would it be
possible to use "Indirect buffers" to achieve what I want?

Thank you!

* Re: Incremental limiting in summary buffer
@ 2010-07-16 17:20 ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2010-07-16 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Pascal Desroche <pascal.desroche@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the few interesting features of "classical end-user" MUA is to
> quickly find article with incremental search.

> AFAIK, today, Gnus offers "Limiting commands" in Summary buffer but
> theses commands are neither incremental nor "undo-able": If I limit
> articles that match an author (with "L a") and then realize that I was
> looking for another author, I must exit the group, enter inside it
> again, then do another "L a".

> Am I missing a more efficient method to do this?

> I don't know much elisp so maybe the idea is stupid, but would it be
> possible to use "Indirect buffers" to achieve what I want?

L a is /lowering/ (and kind of permanent); you're looking
for / a which is /limiting/. You can unlimit with / w.

Tim