* imtest troubles
@ 2002-04-19 12:54 Martin Schulz
From: Martin Schulz @ 2002-04-19 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

playing around with imap server, gssapi and stuff, I got a problem
with the imtest program used by the nnimap backend.

I am running the UW imap server (on Linux box) and I can connect to it
(from another Linux box) by pine as well as "fetchmail -c -auth
gssapi" just fine.

I pulled the imtest program out of the cyrus-imapd package, but that
one works only half-way:

$ imtest -m gssapi iwr01.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 STARTTLS LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=LOGIN] iwr01.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de IMAP4rev1 2000.287rh at Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:44:13 +0200 (CEST)
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 STARTTLS NAMESPACE IDLE MAILBOX-REFERRALS SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=LOGIN
S: C01 OK CAPABILITY completed
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE GSSAPI
S: +
C: YIICCAYJ .. AAAACjggErYYIBJzCCASOgA

<..garbage shortened and snipped..>

C: YD ... AD/////92yINruX9AQ///3Nja .. GBg==
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 STARTTLS NAMESPACE IDLE MAILBOX-REFERRALS SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND
base64 decoding error
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

< hit enter >

A01 OK AUTHENTICATE completed
* BAD Null command

c: logout <hit enter>
* BYE iwr01.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection
c: OK LOGOUT completed
Connection closed.
$

Tough there is the "Authentication failed" message, I cann see in the
maillog of the server that the authentication did indeed succeed!
Due to the "failed" message, nnimap does not go to get the mails...

Did anybody else had similar problems? How did you solve this?

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-19 12:54 UTC | newest]