* tick mark /  gnus-mark-unread?
@ 2009-05-04  8:16 Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2009-05-04  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi!

Using gnus for email, at times I want to mark an email that I need yet
to process. I can tick-mark it, setting the mark with 'u' (or '!', or
M-x gnus-mark-unread ) and undoing this with M-u, but that is not the
same as marking it unread.

Messages marked with this '!', will prevent me from seeing earlier and
new email messages that gnus filed in that same group, unless I m-u the
marked messages and enter the group again.

Or am I overlooking the other gnus trick?

Gijs

--
A picture is worth a thousand words, 1000 words takes about 5K,
therefore no picture should be larger than 5K.

* Re: tick mark /  gnus-mark-unread?
@ 2009-05-04 15:48 ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2009-05-04 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> wrote:

> Using gnus for email, at times I want to mark an email that I need yet
> to process. I can tick-mark it, setting the mark with 'u' (or '!', or
> M-x gnus-mark-unread ) and undoing this with M-u, but that is not the
> same as marking it unread.

> Messages marked with this '!', will prevent me from seeing earlier and
> new email messages that gnus filed in that same group, unless I m-u the
> marked messages and enter the group again.

> Or am I overlooking the other gnus trick?

If there are new messages in a group, they should be dis-
played along with the ticked ones (or rather: the ticked
ones should be displayed along with the news ones).

  If there are no new messages, you can always show all mes-
sages (old and ticked) by entering the group with C-u RET.

Tim