* Leans what face is at point
@ 2006-02-15 17:56 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2006-02-15 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I used to now how to do this in gnus:

  put cursor on a message header and lean what that face was with
  a [few?] keypress[es].

Something the showed the gnus face at point.
And I could then go directoy to that face to customize it. Using M-x
customize-aprops

I'm not finding this in any of the help available at M-x apropos

 display.*face,  show.*face, face.*point

or even just `face' and C-s search for as many stings as I could think
of.

* Re: Leans what face is at point
@ 2006-02-15 18:21 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2006-02-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

C-u C-x =

* Re: Leans what face is at point
@ 2006-02-15 19:40 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2006-02-15 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I used to now how to do this in gnus:
>
>   put cursor on a message header and lean what that face was with
>   a [few?] keypress[es].
>
> Something the showed the gnus face at point.
> And I could then go directoy to that face to customize it. Using M-x
> customize-aprops
>
> I'm not finding this in any of the help available at M-x apropos
>
>  display.*face,  show.*face, face.*point

I think what you want is list-text-properties-at (can't remember if there
should be a "point" on the end of that or not in Emacs

hth

Glyn

* Re: Leans what face is at point
@ 2006-02-15 21:34   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2006-02-15 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

>> I used to now how to do this in gnus:
>>
>>   put cursor on a message header and lean what that face was with
>>   a [few?] keypress[es].
>>
>> Something the showed the gnus face at point.
>> And I could then go directoy to that face to customize it. Using M-x
>> customize-aprops
>>
>> I'm not finding this in any of the help available at M-x apropos
>>
>>  display.*face,  show.*face, face.*point
>
> I think what you want is list-text-properties-at (can't remember if there
> should be a "point" on the end of that or not in Emacs

I remember that one too but I get nothing here with:

M-x list-text<spc>  No matches for text.

I seem to recall that being moved or replaced.

Maybe its now C-u C-x =
But that info is useless regarding faces.

C-h i m emacs and then Index search on list-text-properties
fails as well.

What I'm after outputs the gnus face name of text under cursor or at
point (Maybe only in headers) as I recall in gnus-face names readily
findable with customize-face.  Not text properties but face name. (not
font)

* Re: Leans what face is at point
@ 2006-02-16 13:51     ` Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2006-02-16 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
>>
>>> I used to now how to do this in gnus:
>>>
>>>   put cursor on a message header and lean what that face was with
>>>   a [few?] keypress[es].
>>>
>>> Something the showed the gnus face at point.
>>> And I could then go directoy to that face to customize it. Using M-x
>>> customize-aprops
>>>
>>> I'm not finding this in any of the help available at M-x apropos
>>>
>>>  display.*face,  show.*face, face.*point
>>
>> I think what you want is list-text-properties-at (can't remember if there
>> should be a "point" on the end of that or not in Emacs
>
> I remember that one too but I get nothing here with:
>
> M-x list-text<spc>  No matches for text.
>
> I seem to recall that being moved or replaced.
>
> Maybe its now C-u C-x =
> But that info is useless regarding faces.
>
> C-h i m emacs and then Index search on list-text-properties
> fails as well.

In xemacs it is "list-text-properties-at" (found with "C-h a").
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Rollin' and riding and slippin' and
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  sliding, it's magic."