* Re: gnus-signature-separator
       [not found] <m3vgb0723q.fsf@wabcmail.com>
@ 2002-04-10 12:29 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <m3r8lntzaf.fsf@wabcmail.com>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-04-10 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 10 2002, William Daffer wrote:

>   I have a poster who uses '---' as his signature separator.

'---' on a separate line (==> "^---$" )? Then your third entry should
match:

>   (setq gnus-signature-separator
>       '("^-- $"
> 	"^-- *$"
> 	"^---*$"
> 	"^ *--------*$"
> 	"^________*$"
> 	"^========*$"))
>
>   Yet it never catches and removes his .sigfile

Does `W W s' (gnus-article-hide-signature) on the original message
hide the signature?

What is the value of `message-cite-function'?

,----[ C-h v message-cite-function RET ]
| message-cite-function's value is
| message-cite-original-without-signature
|
| Documentation:
| *Function for citing an original message.
| Predefined functions include `message-cite-original' and
| `message-cite-original-without-signature'.
| [...]
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: gnus-signature-separator
       [not found]         ` <yqrk7rdyrzg.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
@ 2002-04-12 13:40           ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-12 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@RemoveThisBit.cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> How do you do these little quoted pearls of wisdom, is it with a macro
> or is there some key binding for gurus who have to explain things in the
> manual a lot of times?  :-)

M-x apropos RET produces the output you say, and boxquote.el produced
the nice little box.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

@ 2002-04-12 14:50           ` William Daffer
From: William Daffer @ 2002-04-12 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@RemoveThisBit.cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> William Daffer <whdaffer@wabcmail.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> ,----[ M-x apropos-variable sig.*-sep.* RET ]
> | gnus-signature-separator
> |   Variable: Regexp matching signature separator.
> | message-signature-separator
> |   Variable: Regexp matching the signature separator.
> `----
>
> How do you do these little quoted pearls of wisdom, is it with a macro
> or is there some key binding for gurus who have to explain things in the
> manual a lot of times?  :-)

  You'll have to ask Reiner, that quote's from him.

whd
--
REALITY, n.  The dream of a mad philosopher.  That which would remain
in the cupel if one should assay a phantom.  The nucleus of a vacuum.