* Why does Gnus remove To: from forwarded messages?
@ 2018-12-26 22:11 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2018-12-26 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I just noticed that when I forward a message, the To: header gets
removed.

It this something I have configured wrong, or is there a(nother) reason?

Example:

  Email looks like this:

    From: "Svenska Domäner" <registry@example.com>
    Subject: 30 Dagars förnyelsepåminnelse 2019-01-24
    To: asjo@koldfront.dk
    Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 10:49:05 +0000 (11 hours, 20 minutes, 19 seconds ago)

  When I forward it, I get this in the body of the new email:

From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2018-12-26 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Adam writes:

> I just noticed that when I forward a message, the To: header gets
> removed.
>
> It this something I have configured wrong, or is there a(nother) reason?

It's the default, since April, where this changes was committed:

  commit 5a5e4eb76a3e9bfc7d4eeec06f874b524d4df450
  Author: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
  Date:   Thu Apr 26 19:45:53 2018 +0200

      Strip most headers when forwarding messages

      * lisp/gnus/message.el (message-forward-included-headers): Change
      the default to exclude most messages.
      (message-remove-ignored-headers): Make
      message-forward-included-headers actually work -- it's a list of
      regexps, not a list of strings.

which sets message-forward-included-headers to '("^From:" "^Subject:" "^Date:")

Shouldn't it include To: ?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "När vi drömmare slutat drömma                               Adam Sjøgren
  Har ni andra inga drömmar kvar"                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Why does Gnus remove To: from forwarded messages?
@ 2019-06-22 11:37   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-22 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> which sets message-forward-included-headers to '("^From:" "^Subject:" "^Date:")
>
> Shouldn't it include To: ?

Yup.  This was fixed a few weeks later (to include To and Cc).