* not reading news, only email
@ 2007-09-22 15:09 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2007-09-22 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I have always used gnus to read both news and email. But now I have a
system where I only use it for mail.
Everytime I start gnus I get the message
"Unable to open nntp:news, go offline? (y or n)"
Obviously I am not subscribed to any newsgroup on that machine.

What is the best way to tell gnus not to try nntp? Should it even try
it if there's no subscription to any newsgroup?

I use emacs from CVS trunk.

Thanks

        --dan