* How does one get access to permanently hidden topic in Group buffer?
@ 2003-08-03 13:24 Adrian Aichner
From: Adrian Aichner @ 2003-08-03 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I have hidden a topic in the *Group* buffer with
C-u T h

How do I show that topic again?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:adrian@xemacs.org

* Re: How does one get access to permanently hidden topic in Group buffer?
@ 2003-08-03 15:09 ` Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2003-08-03 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  3 Aug 2003, Adrian Aichner <- adrian@xemacs.org wrote:

> I have hidden a topic in the *Group* buffer with
> C-u T h

> How do I show that topic again?

With C-u T s (gnus-topic-show-topic)

The docstring for that function is a bit misleading IMO

,----[ C-h f gnus-topic-show-topic RET ]
| `gnus-topic-show-topic' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
|   -- loaded from "gnus-topic"
| (gnus-topic-show-topic &optional PERMANENT)
|
| Documentation:
| Show the hidden topic.
| If PERMANENT, make it stay shown in subsequent sessions as well.
`----

because PERMANENT means also to show topics which have been hidden with
the permanent flag.  Should we improve it?

   KP

--
Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as
sophistication, which is baffling -- the incomprehensible should cause