* Re: POP failure via COMCAST with weird file
       [not found] <wvhdwvdqde.dwv@mail.comcast.net>
@ 2004-03-11 21:41 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-03-11 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

underway@comcast.net (Gary W. Swearingen) writes:

> I get mail via a COMCAST account using POP.  When I "check for new
> news" (using "g" key), I get an error message asking if I want to
> continue, etc.  With the dubugging flag set, I get this trace:
>
> Signaling: (search-failed "
> ")
>   re-search-forward("\n\n")

This happens because you're using the version of pop3.el bundled with
XEmacs.

This shouldn't happen if you use the version included in the Gnus
distribution.  You probably need to adjust your load-path to make sure
you pick up the file from Gnus and not the buggy XEmacs version.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-03-11 21:41 UTC | newest]