* Re: pseudo-article ?
       [not found] <87it1f6ob0.fsf@bretagne.rail.eu.org>
@ 2002-09-13 20:52 ` Nevin Kapur
       [not found]   ` <vxkelbx5xyq.fsf@cinnamon.vanillaknot.com>
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-09-13 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> writes:

> In Oort 0.07, sometime when I try to go to the parent article (^ in
> the article buffer) I get the error "this is a pseudo article", but
> this is a real article whose parent is on the server (I can verify it
> by telneting ion the server).
>
> What does this mean ?

Any comment on this one from the more knowledgeable among us?  I
posted the same question on the ding list many moons ago
(<m3g01aggme.fsf@fermat.mts.jhu.edu>) and I see that someone else did
too (<m3n0y118jv.fsf@neo.loria>) but no followups yet.

-Nevin

* Re: pseudo-article ?
       [not found]         ` <87hedd2g9h.fsf@kuntu.zangpo.org>
@ 2003-01-05  1:38           ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-01-05  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Schmitz <dosenfleisch@gmx.de> writes:

> Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> writes:
>
>> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>>
>>> It's not an error with a trace, just a message in the minibuffer.
>>> Here's an excerpt from my " *Message-Log*", when I try to fetch the
>>> parent of your posting:
>>>
>>> Couldn't find parent
>>> Couldn't go to article 63235
>>> Can't find article 63235        <- hitting '^' again.
>>> Generating summary...done
>>> Generating summary...
>>> This is a pseudo-article        <--- after hitting '^'
>>> Generating summary...done
>>> Generating summary...
>>>
>>> Indeed, if I type `j' followed by 63235, I get the same message.
>>> Instead, if I enter the group with say 10 RET, so that the parent
>>> (63235) is visible then both `j' and '^' work as expected.
>>>
>>> This behavior is repeatable for a few articles.  Other articles can be
>>> 'j'umped to without problems.
>>
>> That's exactly the behaviour I see.
>
> The same here for a long time now and still getting worse. But it only
> appears in IMAP-Mailboxes. I ask myself if it could be uw-imapd's fault...?

Try setting `imap-log' and send the output from *imap-log* after doing
this.

> Respooling and anything else does not work... Is there any solution
> known to this now?

No.  Move the article you want to respool to the nnimap-split-inbox
and mark it unread and press g in the group buffer.