* Re: they already know their own name
@ 2006-04-19 20:24 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2006-04-19 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Wasn't there a way to get gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original to
> not include the person's name in the reply.

Lars> Why would you want this?

To make my headers less bulky, projecting a spartan image of myself to
others.

It's the opposite of those who go hog wild with X-faces, etc.

* Re: they already know their own name
@ 2006-04-22  0:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-22  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> To make my headers less bulky, projecting a spartan image of myself to
> others.

Well, just write a function to clean the Message buffer before
sending, and hook it into Message.

* Re: they already know their own name
@ 2006-04-16 17:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-16 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> Wasn't there a way to get gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original to not
> include the person's name in the reply.

Why would you want this?

* they already know their own name
@ 2006-01-27 23:40 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2006-01-27 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wasn't there a way to get gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original to not
include the person's name in the reply. For instance, if you hit SW
etc. on this, why can't you send
To: jidanni@jidanni.org
instead of
To: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
I mean it's not like the recipient forgot who he was.
True for multiple recipients yes, questionable, but for the simplest
of replies, there ought to be a way. gnus-version"No Gnus v0.4"