* Re: Threading multipart binaries?
       [not found]     ` <ilun0uivsna.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2002-05-30 20:53       ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-05-30 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Foo <Foo4You@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Now I just have to figure out why sorting/displaying a few thousand
>> messages takes ages with my current config compared to other
>> newsreaders :).
>
> I don't have any numbers, but I think Oort Gnus is faster.  Entering
> and threading an IMAP folder with 2000 messages takes 1-2s, an IMAP
> folder with 11300 messages takes 20s on this AMD800.

Yup, Oort Gnus *is* a lot faster than Gnus 5.9.

Entering an NNTP group with 10.000 messages took me 29s with Oort and
77s with Gnus 5.9. (on a PII 233 MHz)

* Re: Threading multipart binaries?
       [not found]   ` <87k7pmg2qs.fsf@hotmail.com>
@ 2002-05-30  6:51     ` those who know me have no need of my name
       [not found]     ` <ilun0uivsna.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
From: those who know me have no need of my name @ 2002-05-30  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

<87k7pmg2qs.fsf@hotmail.com> divulged:

>Now I just have to figure out why sorting/displaying a few thousand
>messages takes ages with my current config compared to other
>newsreaders :).

no need to even think about it.  gnus is dog slow.  as you seem to know.