* Posting to alternate newsgroup
@ 2006-02-19  0:23 Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2006-02-19  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have another nntp server with separate groups in it that I use
fairly regularly. Posting to groups to my main news server works fine,
but posting to the second one only works when I enter the group and
create a message from there. I noticed that when I do this, an X
header is generated with the name of the secondary server in it. Is
there a way that I can specify when this header shows up in my
messages so that if the groups match certain patterns, it will send
using the second news server, and if it is not, then it will do a
normal send through the primary?

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
<http://www.sacrificumdeo.net> "Extend beyond the Mortal . . . ."

* Re: Posting to alternate newsgroup
@ 2006-04-16 17:10 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-16 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:

> I have another nntp server with separate groups in it that I use
> fairly regularly. Posting to groups to my main news server works fine,
> but posting to the second one only works when I enter the group and
> create a message from there. I noticed that when I do this, an X
> header is generated with the name of the secondary server in it. Is
> there a way that I can specify when this header shows up in my
> messages so that if the groups match certain patterns, it will send
> using the second news server, and if it is not, then it will do a
> normal send through the primary?

There's no pre-defined functionality in Gnus for doing this.  But
writing a function that would fit your needs and inserts the required
header(s) should probably not be too difficult.  Run it off of
`message-setup-hook' for instance.