* Turn off matching paren highlight in summary mode
@ 2003-07-11 15:40 Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2003-07-11 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to turn off paren match highlighting when
in summary mode.  I have the following:

(defun my-gnus-summary-mode-hook ()
  (setq blink-matching-paren nil))
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'my-gnus-summary-mode-hook)

blink-matching-paren it seems only affects when you actually insert a
paren.  What variable should I be looking for ?  Is the
gnus-summary-mode-hook the right place to set this var ?

TIA.

* Re: Turn off matching paren highlight in summary mode
@ 2003-07-11 16:02 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-07-11 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> writes:

> I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to turn off paren match highlighting when
> in summary mode.  I have the following:
>
> (defun my-gnus-summary-mode-hook ()
>   (setq blink-matching-paren nil))
> (add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'my-gnus-summary-mode-hook)
>
> blink-matching-paren it seems only affects when you actually insert a
> paren.  What variable should I be looking for ?

(show-paren-mode -1) turns it off.  But it'll be turned of globally
... don't know if there's an easy way to turn it off in a specific
mode only.