* UTF-8 still a problem
@ 2003-05-29 11:25 Ichimusai
       [not found] ` <84r86hzw2t.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Ichimusai @ 2003-05-29 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emacs 21.2.1
Gnus v0.15 (Oort)

Following the help from Kai in
<84smre8zw7.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de> I have installed
ucs-tables and added the following lines in my .emacs:

(require 'ucs-tables)
(unify-8859-on-encoding-mode 1)

But nothing happens. When I view a UTF-8 encoded post in a newsgroup
it comes out at two byte chars for me, when I follow up to such
message, my follow up will contain the UTF-8 chars quoted and my own
in ISO-8859-1.

That's rather bad. I have gone through .emacs and .gnus and eliminated
all things that does anything with charset I can find, but to no
effect.

I would be very happy if someone could talk me through getting support
for UTF-8 to work. I would not mind to be able to post in it sometimes
myself either, such as when responding to someone who post in UTF-8.

--
AA #769 ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo: Ichimusai AOL: Ichimusai1972 MSN: Ichimusai
IRC: Ichimusai#AmigaSWE@IRCnet URL: http://www.ichimusai.org/