* wrapping of email - article buffer
@ 2012-04-04 12:03 Prateek Sadhukhan
From: Prateek Sadhukhan @ 2012-04-04 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I need to configure the article buffer so that it does not wrap
emails/articles when I am viewing them.

Basically if the original author has kept the length of the line to
greater than 80 characters I dont want gnus to wrap the lines and render
it.

I could not find any configuration to do this in the manual. I went
through the article washing section in the gnus manual but nothing
really helped.

Regards,
Prateek
(Emacs 24.0.93.1, Ma Gnus v0.4)

* Re: wrapping of email - article buffer
@ 2012-04-10 18:25 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-10 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Prateek Sadhukhan <psadhukh@cisco.com> writes:

> I need to configure the article buffer so that it does not wrap
> emails/articles when I am viewing them.

(setq gnus-treat-fill-long-lines nil)

* Re: wrapping of email - article buffer
@ 2012-04-13  8:46   ` Prateek Sadhukhan
From: Prateek Sadhukhan @ 2012-04-13  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello Lars,

Looks like it did not work. I sent an email with a log line from my
gmail (via browser) to my office address. The mail I received in gnus
has all lines wrapped (I am using nnimap to access outlook server). Now
if I look at the mail in outlook the lines are not wrapped.

I checked the value of the variable and it was set to nil.

,----
| gnus-treat-fill-long-lines is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.
| Its value is nil
| Original value was
| (typep "text/plain")
|

| Documentation:
| Fill long lines.
| Valid values are nil, t, `head', `first', `last', an integer or a
| predicate.  See Info node `(gnus)Customizing Articles'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 24.1 of Emacs.
`----

I was also looking at this variable and it was set to nil.

,----
| gnus-treat-fill-article is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| Fill the article.
| Valid values are nil, t, `head', `first', `last', an integer or a
| predicate.  See Info node `(gnus)Customizing Articles'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Thanks and Regards,
Prateek

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-06-10 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Prateek Sadhukhan <psadhukh@cisco.com> writes:

> Looks like it did not work. I sent an email with a log line from my
> gmail (via browser) to my office address. The mail I received in gnus
> has all lines wrapped (I am using nnimap to access outlook server). Now
> if I look at the mail in outlook the lines are not wrapped.
>
> I checked the value of the variable and it was set to nil.

[...]

> | gnus-treat-fill-article is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.

I can't think of any other variables that would affect this...

Are these variables nil in the article buffer?

Does `C-u g' show the message unfolded?  And what does the Content-Type
of the message say?