* Re: how to get no syntax (font-locking) in gnus
       [not found] <m31y6f9v5d.fsf@newsguy.com>
@ 2002-10-25  2:09 ` Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2002-10-25  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Harry" == Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:

    Harry> How can I run gnus over ssh and turn off coloring?  In
    Harry> Group buffer, typing M-x font-lock-mode to disable
    Harry> fontlocking doesn't have the desired effect.  Although in a
    Harry> composition, article etc buffer it does as expected.

    Harry> I want some temporary way to do this so I don't have to
    Harry> muck around with colors when running in X as against
    Harry> console or ssh remotely.

    Harry> emacs -q -no-site-file leaves way to much stuff to mess
    Harry> with, to be an option.

Harry, I use the custom-set-face to setup different faces for X and for tty
like this:

 '(gnus-cite-face-1 ((((type x mswindows) (class color)
                                          (background light))
                                          (:foreground "MidnightBlue"))
                    (((type tty) (class color)) (:foreground "blue"))))

Maybe this can be of use for your purpouses.

--
Nelson Ferreira

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-25  2:09 UTC | newest]