* Re: run agent in -batch mode reading a batch rc file instead of .gnus
       [not found] ` <87lm698cji.fsf@bundalo.shootybangbang.com>
@ 2002-09-11  3:02   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-09-11  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Paul Wallington <jpw@shootybangbang.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> How can I run gnus in batch mode and force it to read some other rc
>> file instead of gnus.
>
> Have you tried changing the value of `gnus-init-file'?  (untested)

I hadn't tried that no, but it turned out to be the right tool.
A solution was posted on the ding list from Reiner Steib:

> How can I run gnus in batch mode and force it to read some other rc
> file instead of gnus.
Reiner wrote (in part):

[...]
  ,----[ C-h v gnus-init-file RET ]
  | gnus-init-file's value is "~/.gnus"
  |
  | Documentation:
  | Your Gnus Emacs-Lisp startup file name.
  | If a file with the `.el' or `.elc' suffixes exists, it will be read instead.
  `----

  So I would try to use something similar to ...

  $ emacs [...] -eval "(setq gnus-init-file \"foo.el\")" [-f gnus] [...]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-11  3:02 UTC | newest]