* Re: Most recent version of gnus that works with emacs-20.7
       [not found] <x765ydo2zs.fsf@newsguy.com>
@ 2002-08-14 17:45 ` lawrence mitchell
       [not found] ` <87znvpqrjz.fsf@unix.home>
From: lawrence mitchell @ 2002-08-14 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry Putnam wrote:

> I've been having lots of trouble compiling an emacs-21 on a recent
> install of solaris8 (intel).  Untill I get it figured out, what is the
> most recent version of gnus that will run on emacs-20.7?

I've quite happily been running Oort on emacs 20.4 for a while
now and I haven't noticed any problems with it.

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

@ 2002-08-15  3:06   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-08-15  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

moderator@faqteam.org (Vasily Korytov) writes:

> IIRC, 5.8.8 (and, surely, 5.9.0) should run on Emacs 20. You could also
> try to compile XEmacs -- maybe, you'll have more luck.

I'd sooner set my hair on fire.... hehe.

* Re: Most recent version of gnus that works with emacs-20.7
@ 2002-08-15  3:09   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-08-15  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li> writes:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> I've been having lots of trouble compiling an emacs-21 on a recent
>> install of solaris8 (intel).  Untill I get it figured out, what is the
>> most recent version of gnus that will run on emacs-20.7?
>
> I've quite happily been running Oort on emacs 20.4 for a while
> now and I haven't noticed any problems with it.

Ok posters, maybe I missed the boat here.  I didn't actually try Oort
because I thought I recalled a point were it quit working with 20.X
Maybe it was just one version from cvs some time ago.

I've used 0ort cvs or the latest before there was cvs, for many moons
and will be happy to use it with 20.7.  I guess I should have tried
first, but I was sure I remembered there being a point where 21 was
expected.

@ 2002-08-14 17:03 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found] ` <87znvpqrjz.fsf@unix.home>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-08-14 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 14 2002, Harry Putnam wrote:

> [...] what is the most recent version of gnus that will run on
> emacs-20.7?

The latest released version of Gnus (5.8.8) runs on Emacs 20.7 (and
IIRC on all 20.x versions of Emacs); the development version (Oort)
too.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,