  • * Re: gnus-keypad-mode
           [not found] ` <m3n0mhdukv.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
           [not found]   ` <844r8px97h.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
    @ 2003-01-06 16:32   ` Ted Zlatanov
    From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-01-06 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

    On Sat, 04 Jan 2003, larsi@gnus.org wrote:
    > Even so, it might make a nice project.  The keypad has 17 keys, and
    > somebody could devise an xmodmap file to map the keys to some
    > function keys, and establish a "summary keymap mode".  (Well.
    > Really just more keymap bindings in the summary buffer.)

    I think the interesting part is finding the "top 17" Gnus functions.
    I have mapped my keypad to do window manager operations (I use Ion),
    so the particular keypad mode wouldn't be too useful, but I could
    assign those 17 functions to the extra keys on my Logitech keyboard.

    Could we do a frequency analysis of user-issued commands?  Does Emacs
    support something like this?

    Ted