* from and reply-to field
@ 2002-08-27  5:25 Patrick Dugal
From: Patrick Dugal @ 2002-08-27  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'd like to have a separate configuration for my "from" and "reply-to"
headers when using gnus to post articles.  I believe gnus uses the
default set by the system or whatever is set to "user-mail-address"
and "mail-default-reply-to".  However, I would like to use an
anti-spam address like removethis.pdugal@nortelnetworks.com -- of
course I will come up with something better.

I'd like to customize gnus inside GNU Emacs 21.2.1 to use an anti-spam
address in those fields when posting articles while allowing me to use
a regular address when using rmail (through M-x mail and C-x m) and
even whenever I reply to someone personally.

Are there any examples or suggestions out there on how to do this
without easily?  I looked at the gnus manual online and the emacs
manual but was unsuccessful so far.

Also, when I run gnus-article-show-all-headers, nothing changes.  I
only see the newsgroup, from, subject and date, and maybe a few
others.  I'd like to see X-mailer and basically the whole source of
the message (including all headers and stamps, etc.).  Anybody know
the command or shortcut key sequence that actually works?

- Pat

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-27  5:25 UTC | newest]