* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
       [not found] <mailman.14582.1354729103.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-12-24 12:40 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.16328.1356849276.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
> my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
> numbers  (45 and 47 for example). How can it be so ? I have
> (setq gnus-select-method
> 	'(nnml "local"))
> in .gnus.el and was under the impression that it would just return a
> list of all folders in ~/Mail ?

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be.  But perhaps you also have a
secondary server with slightly different setup?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
@ 2012-12-30  6:34   ` Julien Cubizolles
       [not found]   ` <mailman.16328.1356849276.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-12-30  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
>> my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
>> numbers  (45 and 47 for example). How can it be so ? I have
>> (setq gnus-select-method
>> 	'(nnml "local"))
>> in .gnus.el and was under the impression that it would just return a
>> list of all folders in ~/Mail ?
>
> Yes, that's how it's supposed to be.  But perhaps you also have a
> secondary server with slightly different setup?

There was a mistake on my part : there was indeed a copy of these
folders in a subfolder of ~/Mail. Removing these fixed the problem.

However, since the nnfolder:archive method keeps a backup of every file,
its list also displays each folder twice.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-31 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> However, since the nnfolder:archive method keeps a backup of every file,
> its list also displays each folder twice.

That doesn't sound right.  The nnfolder backend should just output a
list of the groups in your nnfolder .../active file, no matter what
files are on disk.

* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
@ 2013-01-04  8:07       ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-01-04  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> However, since the nnfolder:archive method keeps a backup of every file,
>> its list also displays each folder twice.
>
> That doesn't sound right.  The nnfolder backend should just output a
> list of the groups in your nnfolder .../active file, no matter what
> files are on disk.

This groups duplicated in the browse buffer appear indeed twice in the
active file. Should I just remove one of these lines from this active
file, or remove the active file altogether (I guess it should somehow
get recreated) ?

* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-03-03 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> This groups duplicated in the browse buffer appear indeed twice in the
> active file. Should I just remove one of these lines from this active
> file, or remove the active file altogether (I guess it should somehow
> get recreated) ?

Removing the doubled lines should do the trick.

* duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
@ 2012-12-05 17:37 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-12-05 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
numbers  (45 and 47 for example). How can it be so ? I have
(setq gnus-select-method
	'(nnml "local"))
in .gnus.el and was under the impression that it would just return a
list of all folders in ~/Mail ?

Also, I've experienced several strange things with these groups :

* some messages regularly reappear as unread even though I marked the
  whole group as read with c

* I can't get some messages in the Summary Buffer even though the
  corresponding file exists in the ~/Mail/folder

Could all these be related ?

Julien.