* GPG decryption with ngnus?
@ 2006-04-24  9:00 Jens Lechtenboerger
From: Jens Lechtenboerger @ 2006-04-24  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I'm trying emacs 21.4.2 with No Gnus v0.4 and GnuPG 1.4.2.2 on
linux.

When reading encrypted e-mail, I get asked "Decrypt (PGP) part?"
After pressing "y" and entering my passphrase, the *Article* buffer
contains just header lines, but nothing else (no body, no
plaintext).

Instead, in /tmp there appears a world-readable file
"pgg-outputXYZ", which contains the plaintext.

BTW when installing mailcrypt-3.5.8 and using mc-decrypt, I get the
following:
mc-decrypt-message: Found no encrypted message in this buffer.

Any ideas how to display the plaintext in the article buffer?
(And to avoid the file in /tmp...)

Thanks in advance

Jens

* Re: GPG decryption with ngnus?
@ 2006-04-30 10:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-30 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechtej@uni-muenster.de> writes:

> When reading encrypted e-mail, I get asked "Decrypt (PGP) part?"
> After pressing "y" and entering my passphrase, the *Article* buffer
> contains just header lines, but nothing else (no body, no
> plaintext).

I think this may have just been fixed in CVS Gnus.

* Re: GPG decryption with ngnus?
@ 2006-05-12 15:22   ` Jens Lechtenboerger
From: Jens Lechtenboerger @ 2006-05-12 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jens Lechtenboerger <lechtej@uni-muenster.de> writes:
>
>> When reading encrypted e-mail, I get asked "Decrypt (PGP) part?"
>> After pressing "y" and entering my passphrase, the *Article* buffer
>> contains just header lines, but nothing else (no body, no
>> plaintext).
>
> I think this may have just been fixed in CVS Gnus.

No.  This is what happened: In my gpg.conf "use-agent" was enabled,
but there was no agent.  So, gpg issues a warning that there is no
Agent, decrypts and verifies everything just fine, and exits with
status 2.  Then, pgg assumes a failure (although the *pgg-gpg-debug*
buffer contains success messages).

I've got a different problem now.  Sometimes I can't decrypt mail
because pgg claims that my passphrase is incorrect.  The
*pgg-gpg-debug* buffer also has corresponding error messages.  I'm
pretty sure that I type in my passphrase correctly, though.  The
prompt appears over and over again, and I'm having difficulties
escaping it.  C-g doesn't help.  (I'm typing an Umlaut then, which
leads to "error in process filter: Attempt to change byte length of
a string" and allows me to escape.  Once, I even crashed Emacs with
repeated Umlauts and C-g's...  Is there a better escape sequence?)
So for this only occurs with large (> 5.7 MB) encrypted attachments.
Manual decryption with gpg works just fine.

Any ideas?

Jens