* Re: gnus thinks there are no new messages, while in fact there are
       [not found] ` <3co1s0d4.fsf@hschmi22.userfqdn.rz-online.de>
@ 2003-01-10 13:52   ` Andrew Markebo
       [not found]     ` <v9el7l0zae.fsf_-_@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2003-01-10 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

|> 3) Whenever I post a message, gnus writes something to the .emacs
|>    file. Why is it doing that? Can I (and should I) prevent this?
|
| What does it write to the file? (make a diff between the .emacs before
| and after the write access.)

Can it be the setting:

(custom-set-variables
 '(canlock-password "notpastinginpasswordsevenifIknowwhattheyarefor"))

that also gets inserted into my .emacs.. Thought it was Gnus who
inserted it..

     /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

* Re: Documentation on cancel locks
       [not found]     ` <v9el7l0zae.fsf_-_@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-11 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> Full-text (and Index-) searching for "[Cc]ancel.*[Ll]ock" in both,
> Gnus and Message manual, gave no suitable results.
>
> Maybe some text should be added, e.g. to (Info-goto-node
> "(message)Canceling News")?

Yup.  Fix in Oort Gnus v0.11 (i. e., CVS).