From: prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc)
Subject: Re: Stale NFS using nnmaildir
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:48:54 -0500	[thread overview]

maggesi@math4.unice.fr (Marco.MAGGESI) wrote:
> One more question: is it safe to sync two maildir folders hosted in
> different machines (using rsync or unison[1])? I think so, just asking
> to be sure.

If you make changes sometimes on one machine and sometimes on the
other, you might have difficulty determining which side is right at
any given time.  But assuming you can figure that out, and assuming
you sync things so that all the contents of the maildir, including
.nnmaildir/*, are the same, you should be fine.  Beware that nnmaildir
uses lots of hard links; if your copying tool creates new files
instead, you'll be using lots more inodes.

paul