* Behavior of M-s (repeat last search)
@ 2005-12-26  9:13 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2005-12-26  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I tried to modify the behavior of M-s to be able to *repeat the
last search* through the articles in the summary buffer, without
having to type enter each time.

What I wrote in my .gnus:

    ,----
    | (defun gnus-summary-search-article-forward-next ()
    |   "Repeat the last forward search."
    |   (interactive)
    |   (when (stringp gnus-last-search-regexp)
    |       (gnus-summary-search-article-forward gnus-last-search-regexp nil)))
    |
    | (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map [(meta s)]
    |   'gnus-summary-search-article-forward-next)
    `----

But it does not behave correctly the first time... i.e. its
behavior is not correct, whether the function
'gnus-summary-search-article-forward´ has already been called or
not.

Can you help me?

Many thanks in advance,
  Seb

PS- With a bit of advance, best wishes for 2006!

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Behavior of M-s (repeat last search)
@ 2006-04-16 17:31 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-16 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sébastien Vauban <ewgeocaufsfb@spammotel.com> writes:

> I tried to modify the behavior of M-s to be able to *repeat the
> last search* through the articles in the summary buffer, without
> having to type enter each time.

I think it would make sense to bind `M-S' to something that repeats
the previous search.  Having to hit `RET' annoys me, too.

Fix in CVS.