* Re: [Oort] Issues with "executable"
       [not found]   ` <7ln6ua-lu1.ln@hys.in-berlin.de>
@ 2002-12-23 12:42     ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-12-23 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hynek Schlawack <hynek@hys.in-berlin.de> writes:

> * Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com>:
>
>> You need to install the XEmacs package `sh-script'.
>
> Thanks a lot to both of you! Just for the case, is it written somewhere
> and I just missed it?

I don't really grok the XEmacs package system, but maybe there's some
way to search individual files in a package ...

> I fed grep and google with everything imaginable...

Well, if it's already installed then it's easy to figure out which
package it came from:

$ locate executable.el
/usr/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/sh-script/executable.elc
/usr/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/sh-script/executable.el
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/lisp/progmodes/executable.elc
/usr/share/emacs/21.2/lisp/progmodes/executable.el

But of course that wouldn't have worked for you.

* Re: [Oort] Issues with "executable"
       [not found] <q935ua-itd.ln@hys.in-berlin.de>
@ 2002-12-22 19:47 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found] ` <m34r95om9a.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-22 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hynek Schlawack <usenet@hys.in-berlin.de> writes:

> I wanted to try out Oort Gnus but have a very strange problem nobody had
> a clue about whoever I asked (including [group.]google):
>
> When compiling the latest release or the CVS-Version I get the following
> error several times (of course with different files for deuglify.el):
>
> While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/hynek/src/gnus/lisp/deuglify.el:
>   !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "executable"))

Hm.  executable.el comes with Emacs 20 and 21.  Maybe there's a
package for XEmacs?