* Re: Question about HTML emails (revisited)
       [not found]         ` <87sn1z397b.fsf@phiwumbda.localnet>
@ 2002-08-01 18:37           ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-08-01 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jesse F. Hughes

jesseh@cs.kun.nl (Jesse F. Hughes) wrote:
> jesseh@cs.kun.nl (Jesse F. Hughes) writes:
>> prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:
>>>
>>> I don't think this will work.  mm-automatic-display will be set to the
>>> literal value '("text/html" . mm-automatic-display);

Actually, the more sensible literal expectation would be the list
'(cons "text/html" mm-automatic-display); i.e., both cons and m-a-d
would be treated as uninterpreted symbols.

> The problem is that the commands below set the default value of
> mm-automatic-display to nil.  This is where you run into troubles.
>>> (require 'gnus-sum)
>>> (add-to-list 'gnus-newsgroup-variables 'mm-automatic-display)
>>> (add-to-list 'gnus-newsgroup-variables 'mm-discouraged-alternatives)

I'd say that's a bug, but you could probably work around it with
something like this:
(setq gnus-parameters
      `(("" ;; explicitly specify the defaults
         (mm-automatic-display ,mm-automatic-display)
         (mm-discouraged-alternatives ,mm-discouraged-alternatives))
        ("\\`nnslashdot[+:]" ;; override for nnslashdot groups
         (mm-automatic-display
          ,(cons "text/html" mm-automatic-display))
         (mm-discouraged-alternatives
          ,(remove "text/html"
                   (remove "text/richtext" mm-discouraged-alternatives))))))
This assumes you first set m-a-d and m-d-a to the appropriate values
for non-slashdot groups.

paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-01 18:37 UTC | newest]