From: Louis <usenet26@ossh.com>
Subject: Re: Yank message not signature
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:23:30 GMT	[thread overview]

Max Quordlepleen <maxq@nonags.com> writes:

> I have only just started using a signature file, and now am trying to
> figure out how to "Yank" the text of messages I write without
> affecting my signature. Currently, I'm manually inserting the
> linefeeds back into my signature. What is the proper way I should be
> doing this?

I remember you from news.software.readers :p

Check it, you should take a few hours and hit up the Emacs tutorial
now that you're using Gnus with XEmacs.  I've never used XEmacs but I
assume the tutorial is called up like so: 'C-h t'.

Yanking is described and practiced within the tutorial so give it a
shot and welcome to gnu.emacs.gnus.  You have to mark (C-SPACEBAR) the
start of a section with the point (i.e. blinking cursor) and then move
the point to the end of the section you would like to remove and then
(C-w) to make the unwanted section magically disappear.

Once again, the tutorial explanation is in depth so give it a
shot. You can also find helpful people within #emacs or #gnus on
freenode. Take care and nice to see you trying to get Gnus XEmacs
under your belt :)

--
LCC
Humble GNU Emacs / Gnus n00b