* Help in using server side folders with gnus nnimap
@ 2013-01-15  7:33 Pushyamitra Navare
From: Pushyamitra Navare @ 2013-01-15  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Greetings! Need help in accessing imap folders with gnus.

I had following section in my .emacs which used to work perfectly so far. After I upgraded to gnus 5.13 / emacs 24, I do not see these folders anymore. Looks like nnimap-list-pattern has no effect!

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "myserver"
      (nnimap-address "mymail.server.com")
      (nnimap-authenticator login)
      (nnimap-stream ssl)
      (nnimap-authinfo-file "/home/me/.imap-authinfo")
      (nnimap-list-pattern
      ("Inbox" "all" "Archives" "support"
      "Sent" "2012" "2011" "2010" "2009" ))
)))

I have setup server side mail splitting (imap filters automatically sort mails in right folders, "2012", "2011", "2010", "Inbox", "all-mailing-list" etc.

I tried setting (setq nnimap-inbox "Inbox") but still it does not show me these other folders.

How can I make gnus show multiple inbox folders?

Thanks a lot,
Pushyamitra

* Re: Help in using server side folders with gnus nnimap
@ 2013-01-15  8:33 ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2013-01-15  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Pushyamitra Navare <pushyamitra@gmail.com> writes:

> I had following section in my .emacs which used to work perfectly so
> far. After I upgraded to gnus 5.13 / emacs 24, I do not see these
> folders anymore. Looks like nnimap-list-pattern has no effect!

Hm, didn't know about nnimap-list-pattern. However, I discovered, there
has changed something in defining the gnus-secondary-select-methods. But
it's described in the info.

Anyway, I select/unselect my imap server folders just in the server
buffer:

1. In the group buffer press `^'
   (^ runs the command gnus-group-enter-server-mode)

2. Move the cursor to your imap-server and press return.
   (RET runs the command gnus-server-read-server)

3. Now you're placed in the `Gnus Browse Server' buffer, where you can
   select/unselect your imap folders, as you would do with newsgroups.

--
Tschau
Rüdiger

Achtung, dieser Artikel ist mit sublimalen Werbeeinblendungen hinterlegt.