* Re: I supercite an extra article, add it to References
       [not found] <m2g02455qr.fsf@jidanni.org>
@ 2002-04-10 17:24 ` lawrence mitchell
From: lawrence mitchell @ 2002-04-10 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson wrote:
> [For the Luxury edition] C-c ESC C-y runs the command
> message-yank-buffer maybe it should insert any message-ID found in
> that buffer to the References of the message I'm composing,

Probably not, as this may well break user's mind-map of what the
References header does.  I expect that fetching the parent of the
current article to, well, fetch it's parent.  Inserting extra
message-ids would break this.

> as I often use message-yank-buffer to respond to followup to several
> messages all in one followup.

It's probably best to reference them in the article, you could
probably add a wrapper round message-yank-buffer that stored that
buffer's message-id in a temporary variable, and then inserted it at
the top of the insertion if it didn't match the last message-id in the
current buffer's references header.

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-10 17:24 UTC | newest]