From: xyblor <xyblor@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: using gnus for mail
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:39:31 -0400	[thread overview]

>> Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Firstly, is anyone successfully connecting and reading from
>>> pop.gmail.com?

I finally got it to work. I can now receive my Gmail. This is how I
did it:

1) Install openssl, unless you already have it.

2) Download this version of "pop3.el" that comes with T-Gnus:
http://cvs.m17n.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/root/gnus/lisp/pop3.el?rev=1.6.30.21.4.25

3) Rename it "tgnus-pop3.el" and put it somewhere in your load path,
e.g. /XEmacs/site-packages/lisp/

4) Compile it with (byte-compile-file (locate-library "tgnus-pop3.el"))

5) Add the following to .gnus.el:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")))

(require 'ssl)
;;; You might not need to require ssl.

(eval-after-load "mail-source" (load "tgnus-pop3"))

(setq mail-sources '((pop
                      :server "pop.gmail.com"
                      :port 995
                      :user "my-user-name"