* spam.el puts mail into bogus group
@ 2003-06-16  6:20 calmar
       [not found] ` <4nel1uj8g7.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: calmar @ 2003-06-16  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I have installed spam.el a few days ago, and I'm not able to
handle it really.

What I did is the following:

,----[ into my gnus.el ]
| (require 'spam)
| (setq
|  nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
|  nnmail-split-fancy '(|
| 		      (: spam-split)
| 		        "INBOX")
|  )
`----
then a customize-group <RET> spam <RET>
there I choosed the standart settings unless that I disabled `use
 dig' actually,
and that I toggled the `use blackholes'

That's all I did.

The `split-group' variable is set to `spam'.

So why are there errors while receiving the mails (error in
fancy-splitting --> use bogus group (or similar))?

Thanks for any hint
--
calmar (o_
       //\   <--- GNU/Linux is GREAT

* Re: spam.el puts mail into bogus group
@ 2003-06-16 17:13 ` Paul Furnanz
       [not found] ` <4nel1uj8g7.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: Paul Furnanz @ 2003-06-16 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had the same problem.  On my system dig was not working, so I need to
set spam-use-dig to nil which forces DNS (which does work).

-Paul

 calmar> Hi,
 calmar> I have installed spam.el a few days ago, and I'm not able to
 calmar> handle it really.

 calmar> What I did is the following:

 calmar> ,----[ into my gnus.el ]
 calmar> | (require 'spam)
 calmar> | (setq
 calmar> |  nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
 calmar> |  nnmail-split-fancy '(|
 calmar> | 		      (: spam-split)
 calmar> | 		        "INBOX")
 calmar> |  )
 calmar> `----
 calmar> then a customize-group <RET> spam <RET>
 calmar> there I choosed the standart settings unless that I disabled `use
 calmar>  dig' actually,
 calmar> and that I toggled the `use blackholes'

 calmar> That's all I did.

 calmar> The `split-group' variable is set to `spam'.

 calmar> So why are there errors while receiving the mails (error in
 calmar> fancy-splitting --> use bogus group (or similar))?

 calmar> Thanks for any hint
 calmar> --
 calmar> calmar (o_
 calmar>        //\   <--- GNU/Linux is GREAT
 calmar>        V_/_       www.calmar.ws

@ 2003-06-16 21:24   ` calmar
       [not found]   ` <el1tgn16.fsf@calmar.ws>
From: calmar @ 2003-06-16 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Without your settings, it's hard to know what's wrong - try submitting
> a (gnus-bug).

At least when I use the blacklist, the mails properly goes into
the spam group.

Greetings

--

@ 2003-06-17 15:26     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-06-17 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, mac@calmar.ws wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, mac@calmar.ws wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have installed spam.el a few days ago, and I'm not able to
>>> handle it really.
>>>

>>> So why are there errors while receiving the mails (error in
>>> fancy-splitting --> use bogus group (or similar))?
>>
>> Without your settings, it's hard to know what's wrong
>
> Since I installed http://www.calwell.ca/articles/a0012.php Bind
> from there, (with the included 'dig' program)
> there are no errors anymore.

I'm glad you found the problem.  Please consider submitting a gnus-bug
or including your settings manually next time, it's very hard to tell
what the problem is without your settings.

Thanks
Ted