* splitting mail of >1000 lines?
@ 2002-09-12 21:34 David Carlton
       [not found] ` <ro1vg5aydd9.fsf@jackfruit.Stanford.EDU>
From: David Carlton @ 2002-09-12 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that, when I send out mail using message-mode that is more
than 1000 lines long, it is automatically getting split up into
multiple message/partial messages.  And I really don't want this to
happen.

But I can't figure out what's causing it; I didn't see anything in the
Gnus sources that should do that.  I know about
message-send-mail-partially-limit; but the messages in question aren't
a million characters long, and even if they were it looks like it
would prompt me before splitting the message.

But it only happens with message-mode; it doesn't happen if I send
mail with VM or with the default mail mode in XEmacs.  Like I've said,
I can't find anything remotely relevant in the Gnus sources (by which
I mean xemacs-packages/lisp/gnus/*.el); could there be code elsewhere
doing this that message-mode calls?

Any suggestions?  I'm using Gnus 5.8.8 and XEmacs 21.4.6.

David Carlton              |  <http://math.stanford.edu/~carlton/>
carlton@math.stanford.edu  |  Go books: <http://www.gobooks.info/>

       Yow!  Am I cleansed yet?!