* Re: Hide recipients addresses of a mail
       [not found] <u7kgk2gdd.fsf@gnugnus.org>
@ 2002-10-15 15:16 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2002-10-15 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Barnier wrote:

> I guess this question must already have been posted, but I can't
> manage to find anything interesting in the archives.

I think this thread

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=yeb4resysb1.fsf%40xpc21.ast.cam.ac.uk

on gnu.emacs.help might help you (it was me asking the same question not so
long ago!).

> My question is : is there a function in Gnus which could allow to hide
> the list of the recipients of a mail message, /ie/ which could replace
> the content of the "To:" field by something else such as "undisclosed
> recipients" when the mail is sent ?
>
> I know I could do something like that using Bcc:...

You mean that you want to put the actual addresses in the BCC field, then
just have some descriptive string in the To field, yes?

If so, I think the short answer to your question is:

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
      message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "your.mail.server.machine"
      mail-use-rfc822 t)

Then you can use strings like:

To: undisclosed recipients:;
BCC: real1@address.com, ...

(note the closing ":;") in the To: field.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-15 15:16 UTC | newest]