* nnrss how to subscribe
@ 2016-09-13  5:29 Arkady Grudzinsky
From: Arkady Grudzinsky @ 2016-09-13  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Some RSS feeds appear to display HTML instead of XML.  For
instance, I can't subscribe my Gnus to any of the feeds listed on
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/feedindex/

Here is the snippet of the message buffer:

Contacting host: www.thetimes.co.uk:80
nnrss: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/rss: Not valid XML (error XML: (Not Well-Formed) Invalid entity reference) and w3-parse doesn't work (void-function w3-parse-buffer)
XML-RPC is not available... not checking Syndic8.
gnus-group-make-rss-group: No feeds found for http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/rss

Normally an RSS URL would display XML code in the browser as this
one http://rss.dw.com/rdf/rss-en-all
But when I type  http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/rss in my
browser, I'm redirected to http://www.thetimes.co.uk.

Is there a way to bypass this redirection?

Thanks.

--
Arkady