* Re: gnus doesnt fetch mail
       [not found] ` <844r0zkcd1.fsf@slowfox.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-08-02 23:52   ` Felix Schlesinger
       [not found]     ` <84d6fmx46f.fsf@slowfox.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Felix Schlesinger @ 2003-08-02 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann schrieb
> Felix Schlesinger <fam_Schlesinger@t-online.de> writes:
>
>> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)
>
> So how about changing to the following?
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")))

No, sadly that doesnt make any difference.

Thank you
  Felix

* Re: gnus doesnt fetch mail
       [not found]       ` <slrnbiqjk5.2fd.fam_Schlesinger@felixm.schlesinger.dyndns.org>
@ 2003-08-04  9:05         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-04  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Felix Schlesinger <fam_Schlesinger@t-online.de> writes:

> I had set gnus-check-new-newsgroups to nil, because I did
> not want to use gnus for Usenet. This caused gnus not to create the
> group mail:misc and hence not to check for new mail.

Ah, it is indeed confusing how Gnus uses the term newsgroup for mail
groups, too.  Sometimes.

Oh, well.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.