* compile cvs version
@ 2005-11-19 19:09 Josef Oswald
From: Josef Oswald @ 2005-11-19 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

For some time I haven't downloaded a new gnus from cvs but now

in the config I see many lines like these two:

=======

needless to say I can not run  ./configure && make EMACS=xemacs

This is here on a Debian box...

--
Josef Oswald also -> gnus@chello.at  :-)
--

* Re: compile cvs version
@ 2005-11-20  5:22 ` Harald Maier
From: Harald Maier @ 2005-11-20  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> writes:

> For some time I haven't downloaded a new gnus from cvs but now
>
> in the config I see many lines like these two:

> =======
>
> needless to say I can not run  ./configure && make EMACS=xemacs

Your local files are different with the versions on the cvs
server. You have two option:

- edit the files and merge your changes or
- delete the files an do afterward again an cvs update

Harald

* Re: compile cvs version
@ 2005-11-20 18:20   ` Josef Oswald
From: Josef Oswald @ 2005-11-20 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harald Ma-ier wrote on Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:22:54 +0100:

> Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> writes:
>
>> For some time I haven't downloaded a new gnus from cvs but now
>>
>> in the config I see many lines like these two:

>> =======
>>
>> needless to say I can not run  ./configure && make EMACS=xemacs
>
> Your local files are different with the versions on the cvs
> server. You have two option:
>
> - edit the files and merge your changes or
> - delete the files an do afterward again an cvs update

Thanks, I got me a new version and it compiled with no problems, now when
I try to start gnus in XEmacs I get the error: cannot load file
"timer-funcs" ... with the cvs version.

BTW do you know if one can again search google from within gnus, (older
version were able to do so... IIRC)