* Re: Fowarded messages subject prefix
@ 2002-11-03  6:49 delirious daniel
From: delirious daniel @ 2002-11-03  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> delirious daniel <ahsdreamwalker@rogers.com> writes:
>
> > How do I get gnus/ message to prefix FOO before the subject of a
> > fowarded message, rather than the list of newgroups/ addresses in []
> > it gives me now?
>
> Change `message-make-forward-subject-function'.  With
>
> (setq message-make-forward-subject-function 'message-forward-subject-fwd)
>
> Gnus will prepend "Fwd:".  I you want something else, you can write your
> own function, say
>
> (defun my-message-forward-subject (subject)
>   (concat "FOO " subject))
Does
message-forward-start-separator
have elements built in so I can change from the default to something
like:

"THIS BE A FORWARD\nAnd: %from%  sent it on %date%:"

Or do I need to figure out a function? RTFM has been attemped, and I
suspect the latter, but if there's an easier, less kludgy way...[1]
--
Daniel 'Delirious' Sauve
http://www.livejournal.com/users/deleriousraven/

[1]
<long, possibly boring explaination follows>
What's happening here is, I'm a moderator of a newsgroup. I used to
use agent (which the other moderators that are stuck with losedohs
use) and thus had a nice set up guide to follow. I'm the only
moderator for this group (afaik) using gnus, so I'm forging the path;
if I can make it work, I write up the set up and like the gnus love
spread amoungst my peers. I've finished a lot of what needs to be done
already, and it's the fiddly bits to round out the project that I'm
asking you wisethings about.
</lpbe>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-03  6:49 UTC | newest]