* Re: imap not connected
       [not found] ` <ilulm3zmd1e.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2002-11-12 15:23   ` Chris L
From: Chris L @ 2002-11-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Chris L <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I store all of my outgoing mail and news in an imap folder on my
>> mail server. Very convenient. However, Gnus has a bad habit of
>> dropping the IMAP connection after some period of activity, so a
>> carefully crafted long post gets sent to the new server, but the
>> copy doesn't get made on the IMAP server, instead I get an error
>> about IMAP server not connected.
>
> Could you get a backtrace on the error? M-x toggle-debug-on-error.
> Gnus is supposed to re-open timed out servers.

Here is the backtrace when this happens:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Process imap not running")
  process-send-string(#<process imap> "967 SELECT \"mail/sent-mail\"\n")
  imap-send-command-1("967 SELECT \"mail/sent-mail\"")
  imap-send-command("SELECT \"mail/sent-mail\"" nil)
  imap-send-command-wait("SELECT \"mail/sent-mail\"")
  imap-mailbox-select-1("mail/sent-mail" nil)
  imap-mailbox-select("mail/sent-mail")
  nnimap-possibly-change-group("mail/sent-mail" "chris")
  nnimap-request-group("mail/sent-mail" "chris" nil)
  gnus-request-group("nnimap+chris:mail/sent-mail" nil "nnimap:chris")
  gnus-inews-do-gcc()
  gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
  run-hooks(message-sent-hook)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
* call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

>> Also, how can I manually copy the message to the IMAP server so
>> that it appears in the IMAP box as a "posted" message?
>
> I'm not sure I understand, but is `gnus-gcc-mark-as-read' the
> answer?

What I mean is that although the post gets sent to the news server, I
am left in a Message buffer (showing the message I just sent) in, I
guess, "composition" mode-- no commands are available (that I can
find) to copy the message to my sent-mail folder manually... which I
would like to do so I have some record of sending that post.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-12 15:23 UTC | newest]