* stabilizing window layout?
@ 2002-10-13  4:14 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2002-10-13  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, I am using a series of window configurations which lay out my
windows like this, most of the time.

    +-------------+------------+
    | groups      |  article   |
    +-------------+            |
    | summary     |            |
    |             |            |
    |             |            |
    |             |            |
    |             |            |
    +-------------+------------+

Now when I do C-u M-g from within the summary window, the whole screen
changes to display just the groups buffer for several seconds while
mail is fetched. I tried setting up the configuration for groups so
that the screen configuration would be stable, but emacs complained
that the summary buffer didn't exist (I suppose it was being
rebuilt). Is there a way around this?

TIA,
--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting
dave@boost-consulting.com * http://www.boost-consulting.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-13  4:14 UTC | newest]