From: David Hanak <dhanakDONT@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM>
Subject: Re: Gathering certain emails from across groups in one; labels
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:18:17 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> What pieces of the puzzle do I have?
>
> First, I need to label the emails that belong to a topic. Ahh, I can
> just edit the emails and add a Keywords:-header¹.
>
> Then I need to gather those emails in one group somehow. Hmm,
> nnvirtual gathers all emails from groups whose names match a regexp.
> Oh, and with limiting I can see a subset of those!

The first step is simple enough.  For the second step, I would rather
use an indexing engine such as namazu, and nnir to search in the index.
You can tell namazu to index the Keyword header, and then you can
specify search strings such as "+keyword:<yourlabel>" to nnir (included
in recent Gnus versions) and get the result set in a few seconds.  Of
course you have to schedule the indexer to run regularly, but that's OK,
namazu has an incremental index builder so rerunning it is really quick.

How does that sound?

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu