* Attach messages from other groups
@ 2002-07-24  7:31 Nicolas Kowalski
       [not found] ` <v9sn29rwg7.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-07-24  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I am using Oort Gnus 0.07 on XEmacs 21.4.

When I want to forward a message, I select the message to be included
in the *Summary* buffer, then hit `S o m' to create the new message.

My problem is that I do not see a way for adding messages from other
groups (as MIME attachments) in this new message.

Is this possible ? Any tips ?

Nicolas.

* Re: Attach messages from other groups
       [not found]   ` <vqo65z5nk1m.fsf@imag.fr>
@ 2002-07-24 17:20     ` Josh Huber
       [not found]       ` <v9heiorjmv.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-07-24 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@imag.fr> writes:

> I noticed it, but most of the functionnality I need is here.  Josh
> did a good job :-).

...Perhaps I'll even have the time/motivation to polish up that code
and add it to Gnus at some point!

It works for me though, and it does a decent job.

--
Josh Huber

@ 2002-07-24 20:15         ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-07-24 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> Don't you get "From: ... (Kai Gro\216ßjohann)" when you do
> gnus-article-attach-to-other-buffer one of Kai's articles? Or in the
> Subject of news:<v9y9c1q6z6.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> in
> gnus.test? I see `\201' before `ä' and before `ñ' in the Subject,
> whereas the body is okay.
>
> Thus, after `C-c C-c', I get "Illegible text found. Continue
> posting?"  and answered `d'. The result seems to be okay, AFAICS
> (news:<v9ptxdq6kf.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> in gnus.test).

Yes, I also see this.  I just hadn't tested it out until now.

I'll try and take a look at it tonight...since you can forward a
message with non-ascii characters I suspect this is going to involve
diving into the message forwarding code again.

later,

--
Josh Huber

@ 2002-07-24 20:18         ` David S Goldberg
From: David S Goldberg @ 2002-07-24 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use this with nnimap.  It's klunky in that it requires I know the
article number I want.  I very often use it by starting a gnus-slave,
finding what I want (sometimes with nnir) and then running it.
Ideally, it would be more general with respect to back ends and
present you with a group buffer that you could search for the article
you want to attach.  But I'm neither skilled enough in lisp nor
motivated enough to take it to that level.

(defun dsg-nnimap-insert-article (group message)
  (interactive
   (list (completing-read
	  "Group: " gnus-active-hashtb nil
	  (gnus-read-active-file-p)
	  nil
	  'gnus-group-history)
	 (read-number "Message: " t)))
  (let ((tmp (get-buffer-create (generate-new-buffer-name "*DSGTMP*"))))
    (nnimap-request-article message
			    (gnus-group-real-name group)
			    (nth 1 (gnus-group-method group))
			    tmp)
    (mml-attach-buffer (buffer-name tmp) "message/rfc822")))

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net