* Fixing the article numbers
@ 2003-07-30  8:37 Sergei Pokrovsky
       [not found] ` <ur846bwyc.fsf@softechnics.com>
From: Sergei Pokrovsky @ 2003-07-30  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a local perturbation I had to reinstall emacs and gnus from
scratch.  I suspect that the article numbers became wrong in the
process, because the new mail disapperas and is not presented to me.
OTOH, the articles ticked are there as expected.

Actually the problem is with the mail, the newsgroups do show new
articles.

I have a dim recollection that there are two functions which can
rebuild the correct article numbers; alas, there is no "article
number" in the index.

--
Sergei

* About those "C-h f" citations
       [not found] ` <ur846bwyc.fsf@softechnics.com>
@ 2003-07-31 21:15   ` Jesse F. Hughes
From: Jesse F. Hughes @ 2003-07-31 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:

> Perhaps you can ...
>
> ,----[ C-h f gnus-uu-mark-all RET ]
> | gnus-uu-mark-all is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-uu'.
> | (gnus-uu-mark-all)
> |
> | Mark all articles in "series" order.
> `----

Do you have a function that does this formatting for you?

Thanks
--
Jesse Hughes
"I often told you of the dangers of hubris, and most importantly of

* Re: About those "C-h f" citations
@ 2003-07-31 21:34     ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-07-31 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have a look at boxquote.el (get it at http://www.davep.org/emacs/)

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough